- What – ask for information about things, name, occupations, activities,…
– What is this? It is a book.
– What is your name? My name is Emily.
– What do you do? I am a doctor.
– What kind of movies do you live? I like action films.
– What time did you study English? At 9.30.
- When – ask about the time that something happened or will happen
– When does the plane leave? It leaves at 10pm.
- Where – ask questions about place or position
– Where do you live? I live in London.
- Which – ask for information about one of a limited number of things
– Which one do you prefer? The blue one.
- Who - ask about someone's identity
- Who is the director of the school? He is Carlos Samaniego.
- Whom - ask about the object (person) in the sentence
- Whom did you meet? I met my teacher.
- Whose - ask about possession
- Whose dog is barking outside? It's Peter's dog.
- Why - ask for the reason
- Why do you study English? Because I like English.
- How - ask about the way in which something is done
- How many brothers do you have? I have two brothers.
- How much is this shirt? It's 15$.
- How long do you want to stay in this hotel? I think one week is enough.
- How often do you go to the cinema? Twice a month.
- How far is your office? It's about 2km far.
- How old is she? She is 25.