Phrasal verb are combinations of a verb and an adverb or preposition in which the meaning can not always be understood as the sum of its parts
Phrasal Verbs with GO
Phrasal Verbs Quiz
1. It is generally accepted that in today’s society women have access ________ education and can promote themselves much more easily than years ago.
a. to b. up c. on d. for
2. It took women a long time to struggle ________ the right to vote.
a. for b. with c. against d. upon
3. I think women are suited ________ many important things, besides childbearing and homemaking.
a. of b. on c. for d. about
4. Women are increasingly involved ________ the public life.
a. of b. in c. with d. from
5. If you have an old blanket, ________ it along so that we have something to sit on at the beach.
a. bring b. go c. put d. keep
6. Although the team was both mentally and physically exhausted, they ________ on walking.
a. stopped b. kept c. took d. put
7. Before the plane ________ off, the flight attendant told everyone to fasten their seat belts and put their chairs in an upright position.
a. woke b. brought c. kept d. took
8. Don’t forget to ________ your gloves on. It is cold outside.
a. let b. make c. put d. fix
9. If you don’t pay your rent, your landlord is going to kick you out!
a. lend you some money b. play football with you
c. give you a kick d. force you to leave
10. Yesterday I ran into Sam at the grocery store. I had not seen him for years.
a. met b. visited c. said goodbye to d. made friends with
11. Let’s go over that report again before we submit it.
a. dictate b. print c. read carefully d. type
12. I will not stand for your bad attitude any longer.
a. like b. tolerate c. mean d. care
13. Everything is _______ you. I cannot make _______ my mind yet.
a. out off / on b. up to / up c. away from / for d. on for / off
14. There is no food left. Someone must have eaten it _______.
a. out b. up c. off d. along
15. The explorers made a fire to _______ off wild animals.
a. get b. keep c. take d. go