- Accuse someone of (doing) something
His mother accused him of eating the entire cake.
- Agree with (someone)
Matt does not agreewith my answer.
- Apologize for something / someone
Jackson apologized for his rude behavior.
- Applogize for
I want to applogize for my mistakes.
- Believe in (something)
John believes in oat bran.
- Blame someone for (doing) something
I blame Janet for the broken pottery.
- Borrow (something) from (someone)
Can I borrow a hammer from you?
- Care for (doing) something / someone
He doesn't care for playing golf.
- Complain to (someone)/ about (something)
You are always complaining about me.
- Compare (something) to/ with (something else)
Let's compare the virtues of savings accounts with investing in bonds.
- Depend on someone / (doing) something
We depend on our customers' suggestions.
- Dream about (doing) something
Mark dreams about becoming a ballet dancer.
- Implicate someone in (doing) something
The boss implicated Peter in the crime.
- Invite (someone) to (an event)
She invited herself to this affair.
- Protest against (doing) something
The students are protesting against the invasion.
- Remind someone of (doing) something / someone
Peter reminded me of Tom.
- Search for (something)
Detectives carried out a thorough search of the building.
- Take care of (something/someone)
Who'staking care of the children while you're away?
- Wait for (someone/something)
Wait for me!
- Subtract (something) from (something else)
If you subtract 6 from 9, you get 3.