Learn Useful Phrasal Verbs with Pick in English …
Useful Phrasal Verbs with PICK
1. Pick at – eat only small amounts of food because you do not feel hungry or do not like the food
E.g: Paige could only pick at her meal, forcing down a mouthful or two.
2. Pick up – lift something or someone up
E.g: He picked up the letter and read it.
3. Pick up – get up from the ground after you have fallen
E.g: Carol picked herself up and brushed the dirt off her coat.
4. Pick up – buy something or get it from a shop, …
E.g: I picked up an evening paper on the way home.
5. Pick up – get an illness
E.g: I picked up a virus while I was in America.
6. Pick up – collect something from a place
E.g: She just dropped by to pick up her mail.
7. Pick out – choose someone or something from a group
E.g: She picked out a navy blue dress.
8. Pick out – recognize someone or something in a group of people or things
E.g: She was able to pick out her father at the other side of the room.
9. Pick off – point a weapon carefully at one person or animal in a group, and then shoot them
E.g: There were gunmen in some of the buildings who picked off our men as they went past.