Job interviews are always stressful, especially for job seekers who have attended countless interviews.
English Phrases for a Job Interview
The best way to reduce the stress is to be prepared. Use these powerful words and phrases to impress on your next job interview.
Tips for a successful job interview
- Speak clearly and vary your tone to show you are interested and enthusiastic.
- Take time to think about each question before answering so that you can give a good response.
- Listen to questions carefully and let the interviewer lead the conversation. If you don’t understand a question, ask for it to be explained or repeated.
- Be diplomatic and discreet, and don’t criticise previous employers or co-workers.
- Give examples from your experience that demonstrate your knowledge and skills.
- Show confidence in your skills and be positive about what you have done. For example, instead of using phrases such as “I only have…” or “I don’t have…” tell the employer what you do have to offer.