Shoes Vocabulary – Video
Boots Vocabulary in English – Video
Women’s Heels Vocabulary – Video
Athletic Shoes Vocabulary – Video
- Booties - A shoe that resembles a boot in style but is not as high.
- Boots - Footwear which covers the entire foot and extends to the height of the anklebone or up to the thigh.
- Brogue - A heavy oxford-style shoe featuring perforated detailing.
- Canvas - A closely woven, heavy cloth of cotton, hemp, or linen.
- Circumference -The measurement around the shaft of a boot/bootie taken at the widest part near the top of the boot/bootie shaft.
- Clog - A closed toe, open back shoe with a platform sole. Traditionally with a wood heel
- Clutch - A narrow, handheld bag with no strap.
- High Heels- are shoes where the heels are much higher than the toes.
- Combat boots - Lace up multipurpose boots originally designed for the military
- Oxfords- A low shoe with laces over the instep.
- Patent- Various materials can be used to create a varnished hard and glossy finish.
- Peep toe- A shoe that has an opened toe in the front.
- Platforms- A shoe with thick sole under the front part of the foot, and high heel.
- Pumps- Classically a high, medium, or low heeled, totally enclosed shoe. Variations include an open toe or ornament.
- Riding boots- A boot designed specifically for riding horses. Usually knee-high and with a low heel. The term can also refer to fashion boots that are designed to resemble riding boots.
- Sandals- An open toe and open back shoe with leather or fabric straps across the foot.