How to Improve Your English Language Skills? Things You Can Do To Improve Your English…
Tips for Listening
Listening is the one skill that you use the most in everyday life. To train your listening skills, it is important to listen actively.
There are many ways to help you listen effectively.
– Listen carefully to the introduction
– Write all your answers as you listen
– Check that what you write makes sense in the context
– Pay attention to any examples
– Keep to the word limit
– Try to answer all the questions
– Check your spelling, grammar and punctuation
Tips for Speaking
– Learn phrases/ sentences, not individual words
– Do not study grammar rules
– Learn with ears, not with eyes
– Use, listen to, and answer many stories
– Use point of view mini stories to learn English grammar
Tips for Reading
How you read the text will depend on whether you are reading it for the first, second or even third time. These techniques will help you.
– Look out for the title , headings and any special features such as capital letters, underlining italics, figures, graphs and tables.
– Allocate proper time.
– If you don’t know the answer to a question, attempt it but do not waste time, move quickly onto the next one.
– Check your spelling
– Use singular and plural correctly
– Pay attention to the word limit
Tips for Writing
– Choose a title that draws attention
– Find out all you can about your topic
– Organize your ideas before you begin
– Add your own style to your writing
– Include interesting information
– Make sure you stick to the topic
– Use words wisely
– Remember that good grammar counts
– Reread and revise your writing
– Enjoy your writing and others will, too