Useful expressions to talk about the weather in English.
Useful Phrases to Talk the Weather in English
# TALKING ABOUT WEATHER
1. It’s freezing outside!
2. It’s a bit chilly. Wrap up warm.
3. It’s cold.
4. It’s Arctic out there.
5. It’s quite fresh – take a jumper.
6. You can see your breath in the air.
7. It’s below zero.
8. It must be minus five or more.
9. It’s pretty frosty today.
10. My car’s iced up, it’s that cold.
# HOT WEATHER
1. It’s nice and warm today.
2. It’s pretty hot, isn’t it?
3. We’re having a heatwave!
4. It’s so hot! It must be over 80.
5. It’s nice in the sun.
6. The weather’s lovely.
7. It’s a lovely day.
8. It’s absolutely boiling!
9. It’s positively tropical today.
10. It’s sunny today, isn’t it?
- Beautiful day, isn’t it?
- Can you believe all of this rain we’ve been having?
- It looks like it’s going to snow.
- It sure would be nice to be in Seoul right about now.
- I hear they’re calling for thunderstorms all weekend.
- We couldn’t ask for a nicer day, could we?
- How about this weather?
- Did you order this sunshine?
- It’s so nice out today, isn’t it?
- The weather’s nice today, right?
- So hot for this time of year.
- I heard it’s supposed to be sunny tomorrow. That’s good, right?
- Wow, it’s really (Raining/pouring) out today! Did you get caught in the rain?
- I can’t believe the fog! Did you have a hard time driving today?
- It’s freezing out today. Do you think it will snow?