Learn shapes and colors vocabulary in English through pictures and video. Shapes and colors list in English.
Shapes and Colors
A shape is the form of an object or its external boundary, outline, or external surface, as opposed to other properties such as color, texture, or material composition. Psychologists have theorized that humans mentally break down images into simple geometric shapes called geons. Examples of geons include cones and spheres.
Color or colour is the characteristic of human visual perception described through color categories, with names such as red, blue, yellow, green, orange, or purple.
List of shapes in English:
- Square – 4 sides of equal length, 4 right angle corners
- Circle – 1 curved side, same distance across at any side (diameter)
- Equilateral triangle – 3 sides, 3 equal angles, 3 sides of equal length
- Right-angled triangle – 3 sides, 2 sides of equal length, 1 right angle
- Scalene triangle – 3 sides of different length, 3 different angles
- Oval – 1 curved side, different distance across at any side (diameter)
- Pentagon – 5 sides, the sum of the internal angles is 540o
- Isosceles triangle – 3 sides, 2 sides of equal length, 2 equal angles
- Rhombus – 2 pairs of parallel sides, 4 sides of equal length, also called a diamond
- Octagon – 8 sides, the sum of the internal angles is 1080o
- Quadrilateral – 4 sides, the sum of the internal angles is 360o
Learn more: https://7esl.com/shapes-vocabulary/
Names of the most common colors in English:
Shapes and Colors | Images
Learn more: https://7esl.com/colour-vocabulary/