1. Read Carefully & Get the Gist
- What is the text mainly about?
- What questions are you asking yourself?
- What do you notice right away?
- Circle words that you don't understand.
- Use context clues to figure out unknown words.
2. Read Again & Dig Deeper
- Why did the author write the text?
- What text features stand out?
- Underline key vocabulary words.
- Summarize the text.
3. Read One Last Time & Think
- What inferences did you make about the text?
- What connections did you make to the text?
- Use the text to answer question.
- Gather text evidence from the text.
3. Ways to Read A Book
1. Read the pictures
2. Read the words
3. Retell the story