In this lesson, you will learn different parts of the body in English.
You live with your body 24 hours a day. But how well do you really know it? …
The human body is the entire structure of a human being. It is made up of many different parts. There are those parts located outside (external body parts) and others located inside the body (internal body parts).
Parts of the Head
- Hair – The mass of things like fine threads that grows on your head.
- Temple – One of the two fairly flat areas on each side of your forehead.
- Ear – One of the organs on either side of your head that you hear with.
- Ear lobe – The soft piece of flesh at the bottom of your ear.
- Cheek – The soft round part of your face below each of your eyes.
- Mouth – The part of your face which you put food into, or which you use for speaking.
- Forehead – The part of your face above your eyes and below your hair.
- Eye – One of the two parts of the body that you use to see with.
Parts of the Mouth
- Lip – One of the two soft parts around your mouth where your skin is redder or darker.
- Tongue – The soft part inside your mouth that you can move about and use for eating and speaking.
- Molar – One of the large teeth at the back of the mouth that are used for breaking up food.
- Palate – The roof of your mouth.
- Teeth – The hard white objects in your mouth that you use to bite and eat food.
- Uvula – A small soft piece of flesh which hangs down from the top of your mouth at the back.
- Gum – Your gums are the two areas of firm pink flesh at the top and bottom of your mouth, in which your teeth are fixed.
Parts of the Hand
- Nail – Your nails are the hard smooth layers on the ends of your fingers.
- Middle finger – The longest finger on your hand.
- Ring finger – The finger, next to the smallest finger on your hand, that you traditionally wear your wedding ring on.
- Little finger – The smallest finger on your hand.
- Palm – The inside surface of your hand, in which you hold things.
- Wrist – The part of your body where your hand joins your arm.
- Forefinger – The finger next to your thumb.
Different Types of Hairstyle
A hairstyle, hairdo, or haircut refers to the styling of hair, usually on the human scalp.
- Pixie cut
- Medium length
- Short blonde
- Long blonde
- Red hair
- Dyed hair
- Gray hair