English Phrases for Saying “Thank you”, Apologizing and Responding to Apologies…
Phrases for Saying Thank You in Any Situation
Expressions of thanking:
- Thank you
- Thank you for helping me bring these books
- Thank you very much
- Thanks a lot
- Many thanks
- You’re welcome
- Don’t mention it
- That’s alright
- It’s my pleasure
- Not at all
- I’m glad you like it
- Sure thing
- Thanks anyway
Other ways to say “Thank you” in very formal situation:
- I appreciate your kindness
- I’m grateful to you for…
- How very kind of you
- I would like to express my deep gratitude to you
- Anna: Hi Emily, I have a hamburger for you.
- Emily: Hi, Anna. Owh, thank you so much. I really like humburger.
- Anna: No problem
Phrases for Apologizing and Responding to Apologies
- I’m sorry/ I’m sorry for…/ I’m sorry that…
- I would like to apologize to you.
- I’m sorry for coming late, sir.
- Please forgive me for my mistake.
- I’m really sorry for disturbing you.
- Pardon me for not coming on your party.
- Oops, Sorry
- Sorry about that
- I apologize for…
- It was my faul
- I should have…/ I shouldn’t have…
- We deeply regret/ Please accept your apologies.
Responding to Apologies
- Never mind.
- That’s alright.
- It’s alright.
- It’s OK.
- It doesn’t matter.
- Don’t worry, It’s Okay.
- Apology accepted.
- You don’t need to apologize.
- I quite understand. I’m sure you couldn’t help it.
- No harm done.
- Jame: Good morning, Sir
- Mr. Smith: Morning, Jame
- Jame: I would like to apologize for being late to class
- Mr. Smith: Why do you come late?
- Jame: My motorbike had a flat tyre on the way to school.
- Mr. Smith: It’s ok this time. Please be on time in the future
- Jame: I will. Thank you, Sir