Cosmetics applied to the face to enhance its appearance are often called make-up or makeup.
Makeup & Cosmetic Vocabulary – Video
There are various make-up products:
- Blush brush
- Brow brush
- Eye shadow
- Eyebrow pencil
- Eyelash curler
- Liquid foundation
- Powder puff
- Primer comes in formulas to suit individual skin conditions
- Concealer makeup covers imperfections of the skin.
- Foundation is used to smooth out the face by covering spots, acne, blemishes, or uneven skin coloration
- Face powder sets the foundation, giving it a matte finish while also concealing small flaws or blemishes.
- Rouge, blush, or blusher is cheek coloring to bring out the color in the cheeks and make the cheekbones appear more defined.
- Mascara is used to darken, lengthen, thicken, or draw attention to the eyelashes. It is available in various colors.
- Eye shadow is a pigmented powder/cream or substance used to accentuate the eye area, traditionally on above and under the eyelids.
- Eye liner is used to enhance and elongate the apparent size or depth of the eye.
- Nail polish is used to color the fingernails and toenails.