Learn Sport and Exercise Verbs in English to Expand your Vocabulary.
List of Sport and Exercise Verbs in English
- Walk – Don’t try to walk before you can crawl.
- Run – Do not run too fast after gain.
- Stretch – Breathe in through your nose as you stretch up.
- Jump – Can you jump over the river?
- Bounce – Bounce the ball and try and hit it over the net.
- Serve – Serving is arguably the most important aspect of the game, as it is the one shot which has to be in every single rally.
- Lie down – For this exercise, it is best to lie down, or sit with both feet on the floor.
- Sit – Sit on the floor, stretching your legs out in front of you.
- Kneel – Do not run, stand, kneel or spin in the slide.
- Ride – Life is a horse, and either you ride it or it rides you.
- Kick – The kids love to kick a ball against my wall.
- Hop – I tried to hop on my good foot while holding onto Jim.
- Skip – They skip rope and play catch.
- Pass – Pass the ball to the person next to you in the circle and pretend the ball is really heavy by miming.
- Dribble – He was trying to dribble the ball past his opponents.
- Shoot – Keep your distance, or I’ll shoot!
- Catch – The baseball hitter fumbled his attempt to catch it.
- Hit – Look! He is hitting the ball to the goal.
Sport and Exercise Verbs in English | Image