Subjects are the parts into which learning can be divided.
School Vocabulary in English – Video
At school, each lesson usually covers one subject only. Some of the most common subjects at school are English, history, mathematics, physical education and science.
This is a list of subjects:
- Maths/ Math – She got top marks in maths and chemistry.
- Art – He’s very good at art.
- English – She decided to major in English.
- Music – Peter’s studying music at college.
- History – John is good at French but weak at history.
- Science – She is always interested in science.
- Geography – I like geography and history.
- Information technology – I want to study information technology.
- Biology – She has a degree in biology.
- Drama – He was studying a course in drama.
- Swimming – Swimming is great exercise.
- Physical education – Karen taught physical education, so she was in good shape.