Learn useful vocabulary for school subjects in English.
School Subjects Vocabulary
At school, each lesson usually covers one subject only. Some of the most common subjects at school are English, history, mathematics, physical education and science.
This is a list of school subjects:
- Maths/ Math – She got top marks in maths and chemistry.
- Art – He’s very good at art.
- English – She decided to major in English.
- Music – Peter’s studying music at college.
- History – John is good at French but weak at history.
- Science – She is always interested in science.
- Geography – I like geography and history.
- Information technology – I want to study information technology.
- Biology – She has a degree in biology.
- Drama – He was studying a course in drama.
- Swimming – Swimming is great exercise.
- Physical education – Karen taught physical education, so she was in good shape.
English Vocabulary for School Subjects | Image