Learn bird names in English through pictures and video to expand your vocabulary.
A bird is an animal with wings, feathers, and two legs. Birds, from chickens to crows, are also warm-blooded and lay eggs.
Bird Names in English
Birds Vocabulary – Video
- Crow – Crows are black.
- Peacock – There’s a peacock in the courtyard.
- Dove – The dove is a symbol of peace.
- Sparrow – The sparrow has a worm in its beak.
- Goose – It was a wild goose chase.
- Ostrich – The ostrich has wings, but it cannot fly.
- Pigeon – Have you ever seen a baby pigeon?
- Turkey – A turkey is a little bigger than a chicken.
- Hawk – Hawks are birds of prey.
- Bald eagle – A bald eagle is a large white – headed eagle.
- Raven – It’s not a crow. It’s a raven.
- Parrot – A parrot can imitate human speech.
- Flamingo – A flamingo was etched on his shirt.
- Seagull – Tom seems to enjoy just sitting on the dock and watching the seagulls.
- Swallow – Look! Swallows are flying in the sky!
- Blackbird – The blackbird is found in every country of Europe.
- Penguin – There were penguin footprints in the sand.
- Robin – A robin is easy to identify because of its red breast.
- Swan – All swans are white.
- Owl – Owls have big eyes.
- Stork – A stork flew slowly past.
- Woodpecker – The woodpecker pecked a hole in the tree.
Bird Vocabulary | Image