List of useful cooking verbs in English.
Cooking Verbs in English
- To add – To put ingredients together; to put one ingredient with the others.
- To bake – To cook in an oven by using heat.
- To beat – To mix quickly and continually, commonly used with eggs.
- To blanch – To plunge tomatoes, nuts, etc., into boiling water to loosen the skin.To plunge (meat, green vegetables, etc.) in boiling water or bring to the boil in water in order to whiten, preserve the natural colour, or reduce or remove a bitter or salty taste.
- To blend – Blend this all together with an electric mixer until completely mixed together.
- To boil – To heat water until little bubbles form.
- To break – To separate into smaller parts by force.
- To broil – To cook meat or vegetables on a rack with an extremely high temperature.
- To carve – To cut meat into slices.
- To chop – To cut into small pieces, generally used with vegetables.
- To combine – To put two or more things together.
- To cook – To prepare food by heating it, so the food is not raw.
- To crush – To cause to separate or flatten by extreme force, often used with garlic
- To cut – To separate or divide by using a knife.
- To grate – To divide into small parts by rubbing on a serrated surface, usually used with cheese.
- To grease – To coat with oil or butter.
- To grill – To cook by putting the food on a grill; similar to barbecue.
- To melt – To make something become liquid through heating.
- To mix – To combine two or more things using a spoon, spatula, or electric mixer….
Cooking Verbs Vocabulary – Video
Cooking Verbs in English – Images