Introducing yourself to strangers can be tricky because what you say depends on the context, situation. Below is the list of common phrases of how to introduce yourself with confidence in English you should learn.
Introduce Yourself: Name
Question: What’s your name?
- My name is …/ I’m …
- My full/ first/ last name is …
- You can call me …/ They call me …/ Please call me …/ Everyone call me …
- My nick name is …
How to Introduce Yourself in English – Video
Introduce Yourself: Country
Where are you from?/ Where do you come from?
Where were you born?
- I’m from …/ I hail from …/ I come from …/ My hometown is …/ I’m originally from … (country)
- I’m … (nationality)
- I was born in …
Introduce Yourself: Address
Question: Where do you live?/ What’s your address?
- I live in … / My address is … (city)
- I live on … (name) street.
- I live at …
- I spent most of my life in …
- I have lived in … for/ since …
- I grew up in …
Introduce Yourself: Age
Question: How old are you?
- I’m … years old.
- I’m …
- I’m over/ almost/ nearly …
- I am around your age.
- I’m in my early twenties/ late thirties.
Introduce Yourself: Family
How many people are there in your family?
Who do you live with?/ With whom do you live?
Do you have any siblings.
- There are … (number) people in my family. They are …
- There are … (number) of us in my family.
- My family has … (number) people.
- I live with my …
- I am the only child.
- I don’t have any siblings.
- I have … brothers and … (number) sister.
Introduce Yourself: Birthday/ Phone number
What is your date of birth?/ When is your birthday?
What is your phone number?
- My birthday is on …
- My phone number is …
Learn More: https://7esl.com/introduce-yourself/