Learn In the Kitchen vocabulary in English to expand your vocabulary.
Kitchen Utensils Vocabulary
- Measuring Cup – Many measuring cups are labeled in cups, ounces and milliliters.
- Can Opener – There is also an automatic type called an electric can opener.
- Peeler – Use a peeler to peel (remove the skin from) fruits and vegetables.
- Grater – Use a grater to grate or shred food into small pieces.
- Colander – A colander is often used to drain (remove the extra water) from cooked pasta.
- Sieve / Strainer – A sieve or strainer is often used to separate liquids from solids.
- Whisk – A whisk is used for mixing.
- Ladle – A ladle is used for serving soup.
- Pan –A pan is often used for frying food (cooking in oil).
- Pot –A pot is often used for boiling food (cooking in water).
- Baking Pan – A baking pan is used for baking (cooking things in the oven) foods such as cake and cookies. There is also a variation called a roasting pan that is used to cook meat.
- Tongs – You can use tongs to pick up food…
- Refrigerator – an appliance or compartment which is artificially kept cool and used to store food and drink.
- Cabinet – a cupboard with shelves or drawers for storing or displaying articles.
- Cupboard – a recess or piece of furniture with a door and typically shelves, used for storage.
- Microwave – an oven that uses microwaves to cook or heat food.
- Gas range – a large cooking stove in which the combustion of gas is used as the source of heat.
- Rice cooker – an appliance used for cooking food, typically consisting of an oven, hob, and grill and powered by gas or electricity.
- Toaster – an electrical device for making toast.
- Kettle – a container or device in which water is boiled, having a lid, spout, and handle.
- Grill – a device on a cooker that radiates heat downwards for cooking food.
- Pedal bin – a rubbish bin with a lid opened by means of a pedal.
- Dinner table – a table on which dinner (or other food) is served and eaten.
Cups and Glasses Vocabulary
In the Kitchen Vocabulary | Image