Objects in the garden, Gardening tools,…
A garden is a planned space, usually outdoors, set aside for the display, cultivation and enjoyment of plants and other forms of nature.
Gardening Tools Vocabulary – Video
In the Garden Vocabulary – Video
1. Objects in the Garden
List of objects in the garden:
Plant related vocabulary:
- a bud: the structure on a plant that encloses an undeveloped flower or leaf.
- a leaf: a flat green structure attached to a plant.
- a seed: the grain part of the plant that is put in the ground in order to grow a new plant.
- soil/dirt: the top layer of the earth surface, often brown in color, where plants are grown.
- sprouts: the first signs of a plant growing of of the dirt before leaves are formed.
- weeds: wild plants that are not wanted in a garden.
Learn more: https://7esl.com/in-the-garden-vocabulary/
2. Gardening Tools Vocabulary
Gardening is the activity of growing and maintaining the garden. This work is done by an amateur or professional gardener. Objects used to support gardening are called gardening tools. Garden tools can also be hand tools and power tools.
Gardening tools consist of:
- a rake: a long-handled tool with a row of teeth at the end, used to gather leaves or to loosen or smooth soil
- (a pair of) pruning shears: garden scissors with strong blades used for cutting plants
- a hoe: a tool with a long handle and thin metal blade that is often used to break up dirt or make rows in a garden
- a hose: a flexible pipe used to water a garden or lawn
- a lawn mower: an electric, gas, or man powered machine that is pushed over grass in order to cut it
- a shovel: a tool with a handle and a broad scoop or blade used for digging and moving material in a garden
- a spade: a tool like a shovel, with a handle and a broad scoop or blade that is used for digging, a spade id smaller than a shovel and handheld
- a trowel: a small hand tool with a handle and flat metal blade used for scooping or spreading dirt
- a watering can: a container often metal or plastic usually with a long spout with a nozzle that is used to water plants by hand
- a wheelbarrow: a one or two-wheeled cart with handles at the back, used to move small loads that are difficult or too heavy to carry by hand.
Learn more: https://7esl.com/gardening-tools-vocabulary/