Life cycle is the developmental stages that occur during an organism’s life time. A life cycle ends when an organism dies.
This lesson describes different stages of human growth and development.
Human Life Cycle Vocabulary – Video
- Foetus: at this time, a baby is growing inside it’s mum’s womb
- Infant: a baby or very young child
- Toddler: a child who has only recently learnt to walk
- Childhood: the period of life when they are a child
- Teenager: a person who is between 13 and 19 years old
- Adolescence: the time in a person’s life when he or she develops from a child into an adult
- Puberty: the period of a person’s life during which their sexual organs develop and they become capable of having children
- Middle age: the period of your life when you are neither young nor old, between the ages of about 45 and 60
- Retirement age: stopping work because you have reached a particular age
- Elderly/ Old age: people who are old