Writing style is the manner of expressing thought in language characteristic of an individual, period, school, or nation…
Rules for writing Informal letters:
- Write your full name and address even if it is an informal letter.
- Divide your letter in small paragraphs.
- Keep your writing simple.
- Make a good choice of words especially if you are writing an apology letter or a letter to express your condolences in case of a death.
- Most people close the letter with phrases like ‘Yours affectionately/With love/All the best/Take care’ etc.
Rules for writing Formal letters:
Let us understand a few ground rules while writing formal letters:
- You need to write your full name, address and date before you begin the letter
- Address the person you are writing the letter to with correct name and designation.
- It is always advisable to start the letter with ‘Respected Sir/Madam’ or ‘Dear Sir/Madam’ and then mention the name and the address.
- Before beginning to write the letter you must state the purpose of the letter in one line titled ‘Subject’.
- Your letter should be very crisp giving out only that information which is required.
Informal vs. Formal letters