This is a very popular question that many of our students often ask. In fact, there are several ways to express your gratitude!
Everyone wants to be appreciated, so say it the right way, and show that you mean it by being sincere, rather than seeming as if you are just saying thank you out of obligation.
It’s not just about expressing verbal gratitude, but also about using the right body language and selecting the right words!
Have a look at the various options below, and pick the right one for the occasion…
Some basic phrases:
- Thank you
- Thanks a lot.
- Thank you very much.
- Thank you. That’s very kind of you.
- Thank you. You’re so helpful.
- Thanks for your kind words.
- Thank you for coming here today
- “I love your dress; you look so beautiful!” – “Thank you very much.”
- “Would you like a sandwich?” – “Oh, thanks. I would love one.”
- “Can I help you with anything?” – “No, thank you. I’m fine at the moment.”
Ways to express THANK YOU in some situations:
1. Saying “Thank you” to your Teacher:
- Thank you I really appreciate your help.
- I am eternally grateful for everything you’ve taught me.
- Teachers like you are not easy to find.
- I really appreciate all the hard work you’ve done to help me.
- I am grateful for the positive learning environment you provided me with.
- I have learnt so much, thanks to you.
- Thank you for your guidance and support.
- Your approach to teaching inspires me.
- Thank you for being patient and helping me improve.
- I wholeheartedly appreciate everything you’ve done for me.
- You’re the best teacher ever!…
2. Saying “Thank you” in formal business:
- Thank you very much; your support is greatly appreciated.
- We would like to express our gratitude.
- I am most grateful for your support.
- Thank you once again for everything you’ve done.
- How kind you are to help me. Thank you very much.
- Many thanks for your assistance in our project.
- Many thanks for your letter/email.
- I am very thankful that you are considering my problem.
- Thank you for your kind consideration.
3. Saying “Thank you” at a Wedding:
- Thank you for coming.
- Thank you for joining us today.
- We really appreciate your presence here.
- Thank you for the gift, we’re very grateful.
- I cannot thank you enough for the wonderful gift.
- We will remember this day and your contribution forever.
- Thank you ever so much for your generous gift.
- Words cannot describe how grateful we are.
- I’m very happy to be a part of your celebrations.