When describing people in English, it’s important to use descriptive language that not only accurately conveys their physical characteristics but also their personality and behavior. Using interesting adjectives can help to create a more vivid and engaging picture of the person being described.
In this guide, we will explore various interesting adjectives that can be used to describe people in English, as well as provide examples of how they can be used in sentences. Whether you’re a writer, a speaker, or just someone looking to improve their descriptive vocabulary, this guide will provide you with the tools you need to create detailed and engaging descriptions of people.
Words to Describe People in English
List of Vocabulary Describing People
Here is the list of useful adjectives used to describe a person:
- My brother is much heavier than me.
- He was tall and thin, with short brown hair.
- On television, she looks so glamorous.
- She had a lovely face.
- Sally was 50 pounds overweight.
- He is an old man.
- Maria looks much prettier with her hair cut short.
- She was fast and strong, with a slender, muscular body.
- An elegant young woman sat at the next table, sipping a cocktail.
- The baby was pink and chubby.
- Some supermodels are far too skinny.
Other example sentences:
- He is a charismatic leader with a magnetic personality.
- She is a creative and artistic soul with a vivid imagination.
- The child is an inquisitive and precocious young mind.
- The elderly woman is a wise and experienced sage with a wealth of knowledge.
- The young man is an ambitious and driven go-getter with a strong work ethic.
- He is a rugged and adventurous explorer with a fearless spirit.
- She is a poised and elegant socialite with impeccable manners.
- The teenager is a brooding and introspective loner with deep inner turmoil.
- The baby is a plump and contented little angel with a cherubic face.
- The retiree is a spry and vital retiree with boundless energy and zest for life.
- He is a tall, lanky man with a friendly smile.
- She is a petite, blonde woman with a bubbly personality.
- The child is an energetic and curious little boy.
- The elderly man shuffled slowly down the street with the help of his cane.
- The young woman was striking with her sharp features and striking green eyes.
- He was a burly, rugged individual with a deep, booming voice.
- She was a statuesque woman with a regal bearing and dignified presence.
- The teenager was a sullen and brooding individual with a chip on his shoulder.
- The baby was a cherubic little thing with chubby cheeks and big blue eyes.
- The retiree was a spritely and active senior citizen with a zest for life.
Describing People in English | Image
List of adjectives to describe people in English – Picture 1
List of adjectives to describe people in English – Picture 2
List of adjectives to describe people in English – Picture 3
List of adjectives to describe people in English – Picture 4