Present Simple vs. Present Continuous Tense
- It rarely rains in the desert.
- You play chess with 32 pieces.
- The birds return to the island every morning.
- Marsha goes to dance club every Thursday.
- The plane to London takes off at 6:30 a.m.
- The Drama club meets every other week at 7:30 p.m.
- He works at a hotel.
- I like the new James Bond film.
always, usually, often, sometimes, rarely, never
- every week/Monday/month/year…
- once/twice/three times a week…
Actions happening now
- She is reading a newspaper upstairs.
- I’m busy, I’m doing my homework.
Annoying habits (+ always)
- You’re always forgetting to pay the bills.
- He’s always singing in the shower.
- She’s getting married on 3 November.
- We’re leaving at 3 this afternoon.
- She’s working at the museum until the end of this month.
- now, right now, at the moment, today, this week/month/year
Present Simple vs. Present Continuous Tense | Picture