Plants include familiar types such as trees, herbs, bushes, grasses, vines, ferns, mosses, and green algae.
A plant needs sunlight, carbon dioxide, minerals and water to make food by photosynthesis. A green substance in plants called chlorophyll traps the energy from the Sun needed to make food.
- Wildflower – The wildflowers will be incredible after this rain.
- Thistle – A purple thistle sewn to the pocket of a school blazer.
- Flower – A single flower does not make a spring.
- Herb – They usually ate the herb raw.
- Mushroom – We ate mushroom until we came to the Mekong.
- Weed – The pond is full of weed.
- Fern – The trunk of a tree fern.
- Cattail – Muskrats feed on wetland vegetation, such as cattails and water lilies.
- Reed – Reeds grew in clumps all along the river bank.
- Bamboo – The piece of bamboo makes a musical sound.
- Ivy – The walls were covered in ivy.
- Shrub – She ran round the outside of the house, barging past bushes and shrubs.
- Moss – The moss was soft and furry to the touch.