Used to vs Be Used to vs Get Used to! What’s the difference between Be Used to, Get used to and Used to and how to use them correctly.
Used to vs Be Used to vs Get Used to
When to Use “Be Used To”
We use the structure be used to something/ be used to doing something when we say that we are accustomed to something or something is normal for us, not strange or new.
- Jenny is used to driving on the left.
- I’m not used to listening to loud music.
When to Use “Get Used to”
We use the structure get used to something/ get used to doing something to say that something is in the process of becoming normal or common.
- Ski instructors get used to cold weather.
- Cindy had to get used to driving on the left.
When to Use “Used to do”
We use the structure used to do something when we talk about something we did regularly in the past, but do not do it now.
- He used to live in London.
- We used to live there when I was a child.
Subject + didn’t + use to + V(base).
- He didn’t use to be a vegetarian.
Did + subject + use to + V(base)?
- Did he use to work in your office?
Used to vs Be Used to vs Get Used to | Images