- enjoyable: Games can make learning more enjoyable.
- pleasurable: We do everything we can to make your trip pleasurable.
- thoughtful: It was really thoughtful of you to remember my birthday.
- courteous: The hotel staff are friendly and courteous.
- lovely: That was a lovely cup of tea.
- likeable: She’s warm, friendly and likeable.
- pleasing: The new building was pleasing to the eye.
- excellent: Second-hand computers can be excellent value.
- amazing: He’s an amazing player to watch.
- marverlous: I can’t stand him, but my wife thinks he’s marvellous.
- fantastic: It’s a fantastic place, really beautiful!
- awful: The weather was awful.
- rotten: He’s a rotten driver.
- naughty: You’re a very naughty boy! Look what you’ve done!
- terrible: Their son had been injured in a terrible accident.
- nasty: There’s a nasty streak in her character.
- cheerful: She’s feeling more cheerful today.
- delighted: Sandy will be delighted to see you.
- pleased: She seemed pleased by the compliment.
- glad: I’m really glad I don’t have to go back there again.
- joyful: Christmas is a joyful occasion for children.
- huge: These shoes make my feet look huge.
- giant: He’s a giant of a man.
- enormous: The team made an enormous effort.
- large: Los Angeles is the second largest city in the US.
- thorny: There are still some thorny questions to be answered.
- acute: The housing shortage is more acute than first thought.
- challenging: Teaching young children is a challenging and rewarding job.
- tricky: I can get you tickets for the show but it’ll be tricky.
- complex: Photosynthesis is a highly complex process.
- exciting: I’ve got some very exciting news for you.
fascinating: That sounds absolutely fascinating.
thrilling: It's not a thrilling task but is easy and only takes minutes.
- beneficial: Cycling is highly beneficial to health and the environment.
viable: The committee came forward with one viable solution.
workable: I’m sure we can come to some workable arrangement.
efficient: We offer a fast, friendly and efficient service.
profitable: The advertising campaign proved very profitable.
- touchy: She is very touchy about her past.
mad: Are you still mad at me?
cross: She gets cross when he goes out drinking.
enraged: Many readers were enraged by his article.
- agile: Dogs are surprisingly agile.
- brisk: They set off at a brisk pace.
- quick: She walked with short, quick steps.
- speedy: We hope you make a speedy recovery.
- courteous: The staff are always courteous and helpful.
- helpful: She’s a helpful child.
- considerate: It was very considerate of you to let us know you were going to be late.
- simple: There is no simple answer to this question.
- uncomplicated: Why can't I have an uncomplicated life?
- obvious: The obvious way of reducing pollution is to use cars less.
- comical: The note of pure panic in his voice was almost comical.
- gleeful: The park was full of gleeful children playing on sleds.
- humorous: The film has some mildly humorous moments.
- entertaining: Children’s TV nowadays is much more entertaining.
- small: The T-shirt was too small for him.
- tiny: She always felt a tiny bit sad.
- minute: You only need a minute amount.
- slight: The picture was at a slight angle.
- bright: He was an exceptionally bright child.
- clever: Lucy is quite clever and does well at school.
- brainy: He always was the brainy one.
- brilliant: I think that’s a brilliant idea.
- beautiful: She was even more beautiful than I had remembered.
- lovely: She had a lovely face.
- attractive: Women seem to find him attractive.
- cute: The baby’s so cute.
- gloomy: Anne dismissed these gloomy thoughts from her mind.
- unhappy: Leslie had an unhappy childhood.
- downcast: Penelope sat silently, her eyes downcast.
- mournful: Durant was thin, mournful and silent.