Learn Different Ways to Say Someone is Intelligent or Stupid in English.
Ways to Say Someone is Intelligent or Stupid
Other Ways to Say “Intelligent”
E.g. I’m older and wiser after ten years in the business.
E.g. It was an astute move to sell the shares then
E.g. She is very knowledgeable about plants.
E.g. What a brilliant idea!
E.g. He’s a brainy kid.
E.g. I have to be smart for work.
E.g. How clever of you to work it out!
Alternative Ways to Say Someone is Intelligent
– He’s really on the ball.
– She doesn’t miss a trick.
– He’s a bright spark.
– She’s got her head screwed on right.
– He’s quick off the mark.
– She’s a sharp cookie.
– He’s a nobody’s fool.
– She’s a walking encyclopaedia (Very knowledgeable)
Other Ways to Say: Stupid
E.g. Hey, are you dumb?‘ he shouted.
E.g. Her work is full of silly mistakes.
E.g. I was foolish enough to believe what Jeff told me.
E.g. Don’t be so idiotic!
E.g. Don’t be so daft!
- Gormless (British, informal)
E.g. Don’t just stand there looking gormless—do something!
- Dorky (informal)
E.g. He was a dorky kid.
E.g. I made an ass of myself at the meeting—standing up and then forgetting the question.
E.g. Her remarks were ill-advised, to say the least.
E.g. I can’t believe you were so naive as to trust him!
Ways to Say Someone is not Very Intelligent
– He’s a bit slow.
– She’s a complete idiot.
– He doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about.
– She’s a bit slow on the uptake.
– He’s not the sharpest knife in the drawer.
– He’s not the sharpest tool in the shed.
– She can’t put two and two together.
– He’s as dumb as a post.
Ways to Say Someone is Intelligent | Image