Containers and packaging are an essential part of modern manufacturing and logistics. They protect products during transportation, storage, and distribution, and they play a critical role in maintaining the quality and safety of goods. This lesson will provide a list of different types of containers and packaging with pictures.
Containers and Packaging Vocabulary
List of Containers and Packaging
- Blister pack
- Box or packet
- Stick or packet
- Packet package
- Packet roll
- Carton/juice box
- Aerosol can
Containers and Quantities in English
- blister pack – a container in which something small is sold, consisting of a flat layer and a raised cover of plastic that protects the product.
- bubble wrap – a sheet of plastic containing bubbles of air that is used for protecting things while they are being moved or sent by post
- carton – a container for goods, made of cardboard
- case – a container for holding a large number of separate things, especially bottles, or the things in the container
- cover – the paper or card on the front of a record or CD
- inlay(BrE) – a piece of printed paper or card inside the case of a CD or DVD, giving information about it.
- jacket – a cover for a record.
- package – an object or set of objects wrapped in a box or in paper and sent or given to someone.
- packaging – the boxes, bottles, plastic, etc used for wrapping products so that they can be sold
- packet – a small parcel or envelope containing a set of similar things.
- pillbox – a small container in which to keep pills
- sachet (BrE) – a small flat paper or plastic bag that contains a small amount of something, especially a powder or a liquid
- tube – a long narrow plastic or metal container with a lid at one end that you squeeze in order to push out the soft substance inside
- wrapper – a piece of paper, plastic, etc that is wrapped around something that you buy
Containers and Packaging Examples
- The groceries were packed in a sturdy cardboard box.
- He stored the nuts in a metal can.
- The milk cartons were stacked in the fridge.
- The furniture was shipped in a wooden crate.
- The chemicals were stored in a 55-gallon drum.
- She put the bread in a plastic bag.
- The wine was stored in an oak barrel.
- The toys were stored in a colorful plastic bin.
- The soda was sold in a glass bottle.
- She filled the bucket with water from the well.
- The fruit was displayed in a woven basket.
- He received a small package in the mail.
- The paint was stored in a 5-gallon pail.
- The goods were stacked on a pallet.
- The toothpaste was sold in a plastic tube.
- She carried her belongings in a canvas tote.
- The dishes were arranged on a plastic tray.
- The food was stored in a reusable container.
- The juice was sold in a plastic jug.
- She preserved the jam in a glass jar.
- The beer was stored in a keg.
- The snacks were sold in a resealable pouch.
- The potatoes were stored in a burlap sack.
- He received a mysterious package on his doorstep.
- The chemicals were stored in a glass flask.
- The gasoline was stored in a steel tank.
- The propane was stored in a cylinder.
- She mailed the letter in a padded envelope.
- The paper was stacked in a neat pile.
- The film was sold in a roll.
- The products were shipped in a shipper container.
- The chips were sold in a plastic sleeve.
- The candy was wrapped in a shiny wrapper.
Containers and Packaging | Images
Friday 15th of June 2018
Saturday 7th of October 2017
Thanks a million!