Business Collocations in English! Below is the list of common business collocations in English with ESL images you should learn.
TIME and BUSINESS Collocations
List of Collocations with Time and Business
Here is the useful list of collocations relating to time and business in English:
- Annual turnover
- Bear in mind
- Break off negotiations
- Cease trading
- Chair a meeting
- Close a deal
- Come to the point
- Dismiss an offer
- Draw a conclusion
- Draw your attention to
- Go bankrupt
- Go into partnership
- Launch a new product
- Lay off staff
- Market forces
- Past few weeks
- Sales figures
- Take on staff
Collocations about Time and Business with Examples
- Example: The company had an annual turnover of new liturgy introduced in 2011.
Bear in mind
- Example: Bear in mind that the authors of these books also have agendas.
Break off negotiations
- Example: He said he decided almost immediately after the hijacking to break off negotiations.
- Example: A company can cease trading and still be registered at Companies House.
Chair a meeting
- Example: He will also chair a meeting of the International Democratic Union.
Close a deal
- Example: I told her not to come back until she closed a deal.
Come to the point
- Example: It has come to the point where communication is relied on technology.
Dismiss an offer
- Example: This is what happens when you dismiss an offer of food and you are running for president.
Draw a conclusion
- Example: The basis upon which you draw a conclusionis subject to incredible impeachment.
Draw your attention to
- Example: “I want to draw your attention to one absolutely fundamental fact”, he said.
- Example: I am afraid that most of the small farmers will go bankrupt.
Go into partnership
- Example: Tom went into partnership with Smith to form the firm in 1990.
Launch a new product
- Example: If we launch a new product, we don’t see people lining up at the door, he added.
Lay off staff
- Example: He is accused of failing to notify authorities of plans to lay off staff.
- Example: He predicted that market forces will continue to reform the current system.
Past few weeks
- Example: The stock is healthy, having consolidated the past few weeks.
- Example: He declined to give sales figures.
Take on staff
- Example: Employers cannot take on staff unless they have a card.