Useful English phrases for flight attendants.
After this lesson, you will be completely prepared to handle any situation in airports and airplanes with patience, intelligence and a smile.
Phrases you might hear at the airport
1. What is the purpose of your trip?
2. Did you pack this bag yourself?
3. Please do not leave any bags unattended.
4. Do you have anything to declare?
5. Flight BC767 is now boarding.
6. Flight IA443 has been cancelled.
7. Flight DAN119 has been delayed.
8. Would passenger Jame Smith please come to…
9. This is the final call for flight TM121 to
10. …Please make your way to Gate 20.
At the Airport Counter Check-in
- May I have your passport, please?
- Do you have any bags to check?
- Would you like a window seat or an aisle/corridor seat?
- Here’s your boarding pass.
- Your flight leaves from gate 20.
- Your seat number is 18C
- Do you have anything to declare?
Instructions from the flight attendant
- Please put your seat in the upright position
- Please fasten your seat belt.
- There is no smoking on this plane.
- Please turn off electronic devices.
- Plave you luggage in the overhead compartments.
- Excuse me, where is baggage claim?
- Could you tell me where customs is?
- Do you know where Terminal B is?
- How do you get to Gate E?