The following is a list of commonly used adjective + preposition combinations that can be followed by gerunds.
1. Accquainted with
- Are you acquainted with your classmate?
2. Accused of
- He's been accused of robbery/murder.
3. Accustomed to
- It'll take time for me to accustom myself to the changes.
4. Addicted to
- A lot of people nowadays have become addicted to the internet.
5. Afraid of
- Are you afraid of the dark?
6. Allergic to
- My dad's allergic to pop music.
7. Amazed at/by
- She was amazed at how calm she felt after the accident.
8. Angry about
- I'm really angry about our losses on the stock market!
9. Angry with someone for something
- I'm really angry with John for his total lack of responsibility.
10. Annoyed about/with/at
- He's annoyed with TIm because he told his secret.
11. Anxious about/to
- I'm anxious to get home to open my presents.
12. Apposed to
- She remained bitterly opposed to the idea of moving abroad.
13. Appreciated for
- We appreciate the need for immediate action.
14. Ashamed of
- I'm not ashamed of what I did.
15. Associated with/at/by
- I don't want my children associating with drug addicts and alcoholics.
16. Attached to
- I don't attach any importance/significance to these rumours.
17. Aware of
- Were you aware of the risks at the time?
18. Awful at
- I'm awful at names.
19. Bad at/for
- Jack is really bad at keeping his promises.
20. Based on
- The film is based on a short story by Thomas Mann.
21. Beneficial to
- A stay in the country will be beneficial to his health.
22. Blessed with
- You are blessed with many talents
23. Bored with
- You get bored / fed up with doing the same thing every day.
24. Brilliant at
- He’s brilliant at football.
25. Busy with
- The kids are busy with their homework.
26. Capable of
- You are capable of better work than this.
27. Careful with/to/about/of
- Be careful to look both ways when you cross the road.
28. Careless about
- He made a careless remark about her appearance that really upset her.
29. Careless with
- Don't be careless with your ATM card.
30. Certain about/of
- He was quite certain about/of his attacker's identity.
31. Clever at/about/of/for/with
- Charlie has a clever idea/plan for getting us out of our present difficulties.
32. Cluttered with
- The floor was cluttered with my situation
33. Comfortable with/in
- I'm not comfortable with the idea of leaving her on her own.
34. Concerned about/for/with/to
- I'm a bit concerned about/for your health.
35. Connected with/to
- He was connected in some way with that fraud scandal a couple of years back.
36. Conscious of
- She's very conscious of the problems involved.
37. Content with
- Not content with stealing my boyfriend, she has turned all my friends against me.
38. Coordinated with
- Our program is coordinated with yours
39. Crazy about
- I'm not crazy about Chinese food
40. Crowded with
- The airport is crowded with stranded travelers
41. Cruel to
- I can't stand people who are cruel to animals.
42. Curious about/to
- They were very curious about the people who lived upstairs.
43. Delighted to/by/at/with
- I'd be absolutely delighted to come.
44. Depressed about
- She felt very depressed about the future.
45. Different from
- I am different from my brother
46. Difficult for
- It is difficult for me to hear you
47. Disappointed at/ in/to
- They were bitterly disappointed at the result of the game.
48. Disgusted with
- I am disgusted with this dirty place.
49. Disturbed by
- I was deeply disturbed and depressed by the news.
50. Eager for/to
- She is eager for her parents' approval.
51. Eligible for/to
- Only those over 70 are eligible for the special payment.
52. Enthusiastic about
- You don't sound very enthusiastic about the idea.
53. Envious of
- They were envious of his success.
54. Excellent at
- They are excellent at planning fun parties.
55. Excited about/at/by
- He's excited about his birthday party next week.
56. Experienced in
- He's very experienced in looking after animals.
57. Exposed to
- The country became highly exposed to the vagaries of international markets.
58. Faithful to
- He remained faithful to the ideals of the party.