You will find these English expressions useful if you are lost or want to get to a particular place or give directions to others.
ASKING FOR DIRECTIONS
1. Could you tell me how to get to..?
2. How do I find…?
3. Pardon me, I’m lost, how do I get to…?
4. Which is the best way to…?
5. Could you direct me to…?
6. Which way do I go to get to..?
7. How do I get to…?
8. What’s the best way to..?
9. Where is…?
10. Excuse me, How can I go to…?
11. Can you tell me the way to..?
1. Turn back/ Go back
2. Turn left/right (into.. – street/ at the end of..)
3. Go along…
5. Take the first/ second road on the left/right.
6. It’s on the left/right.
7. Go up/down…
8. It’s about 60 meters from here
9. It’s on your right/left
10. It’s in the middle of the block
11. It’s on the corner.
12. It’s next to/ across/ between/ in front of…
13. Drive to..street and turn left/right
14. Go straight ahead…