Useful English Phrases to Excuse for Being Late Everyone Should Know.
1. My car broke down.
2. Sorry I’m late.
3. Sorry – I didn’t hear the alarm clock.
4. I slept right through the alarm.
5. I couldn’t find a parking space.
6. The roads were chockablock.
7. It’s not an easy place to find.
8. I got lost coming here.
9. I apologize for being late.
10. I’m sorry for being late.
11. Sorry for the delay.
12. Sorry to keep you waiting.
13. I’m sorry, I couldn’t make it that day.
14. I’m sorry, I couldn’t make it in time.
15. Sorry, my car broke down on the way.
16. I’m sorry, I got a little late.
17. I overslept.
18. I had to wait ages for a bus.
19. The bus was late.
20. I lost my car keys.
21. I was tied up in a meeting.
22. I got stuck in traffic.
23. I fell asleep on the train and missed my stop.
24. I got caught by police.
25. The traffic was terrible.