Funny Short Stories! In this stressful and tiring life, we people seek some relaxation and funny things which may help us to relax. We’re going to line up the best 12 funny stories in English…
Funny Short Stories
What are Short Stories?
A funny short story is a type of fiction that is characterized by its humorous content and its brevity. They can be written in any genre, such as fantasy, science fiction, horror, or realistic fiction, but are typically designed to make readers laugh or smile.
Funny short stories often rely on humor, irony, or satire to entertain readers and may use elements such as puns, wordplay, or exaggerations to create a comical effect.
Funny Short Stories with Pictures
A Love Letter from a HR Manager to His Girlfriend
English is a Difficult Language … for Some!
The Past Tense…
This is Business
Story of a Sincere Apology
Mind Your Own Business
Funny Short Stories in English
Here are a few short funny stories:
It’s not a Touch Screen, it’s a Keyboard!
- Tech Support: Let’s restart the computer and when the computer starts booting up, we’ll press F2 to enter the BIOS Setup
- Customer: OK.
- Tech Support: I hear it restarting, so press F2.
- Customer: OK, I am… It’s not letting me in the BIOS.
- Tech Support: That’s OK, we’ll try again. Let’s restart it and press F2 again.
- Customer: OK.
- Tech Support: Is it restarting?
- Customer: Yes. I keep touching the F2 characters on the monitor, but nothing happens…
- Tech Support: Well, that’s because you need to press the F2 key on the keyboard, you see?
A Guy Having Poor English Applying for Leave!
Since I have to go to my village to sell my land along with my wife, please sanction me one-week leave.”
Another gem from CDAC. Leave-letter from an employee who was performing his daughter’s wedding: “as I am marrying my daughter, please grant a week’s leave..”
From H.A.L. Administration Dept:“As my mother-in-law has expired and I am only one responsible for it, please grant me 10 days leave.”
An incident of a leave letter: “I am suffering from fever, please declare one-day holiday.”
A leave letter to the headmaster: “As I am studying in this school I am suffering from headache. I request you to leave me today.”
Wives are Such a Big Help
A man who was driving a car with his wife was stopped by a police officer. The following exchange took place. The man says, “What’s the problem, officer?”
- Officer: “You were going at least 125kmp/
- Man: “No sir, I was going 100kmp/h.”
- Wife: “Oh, Harry. You were going 140kmp/h.” (The man gave his wife a dirty look.)
- Officer: “I’m also going to give you a ticket for your broken taillight. “
- Man: “Broken taillight? I didn’t know about a broken taillight!”
- Wife: “Oh Harry, you’ve known about that taillight for weeks.” (The man gave his wife another dirty look.)
- Officer: “I’m also going to give you a citation for not wearing your seat belt.”
- Man: “Oh, I just took it off when you were walking up to the car.”
- Wife: “Oh Harry, you never wear your seat belt.”
The man turned to his wife and yelled, “SHUT YOUR MOUTH!”
The officer turned to the woman and asked, “Ma’am, does your husband talk to you this way all the time?”
- The wife said, “No, only when he’s drunk.
Where are My Little Pictures?
- Caller: I can’t find my little pictures (icons).
- Tech Support: What pictures?
- Caller: One is “my computer,” another is like “network neighbor.”
- Tech Support: Do you have any windows open?
- Caller: Yes.
- Tech Support: OK, we need to close those windows.
- Caller: Oh, OK.(Everything is quiet for a few moments.)
- Tech Support: Are you still there???
- Caller: (After a few more moments) OK. I had to walk around the room and close all the windows…. I still can’t see my little pictures.
The Ant and the Grasshopper
In the heat of the summer, an ant worked hard to gather and store food while a grasshopper played and sang. But when winter came, the ant had plenty of food while the grasshopper had nothing. “Why did you not work and store up food?” asked the ant. “I was having too much fun singing and dancing,” replied the grasshopper. “Well, now you can sing and dance while you starve,” said the ant, laughing.
The Lion and the Mouse
A lion was once trapped in a hunter’s net. A small mouse happened to come along and gnawed through the ropes, setting the lion free. The lion was so grateful that he promised to repay the mouse for his kindness. One day, the mouse was caught by a cat and was about to be eaten. The mouse cried out to the lion for help, and the lion came to his rescue, chasing the cat away and saving the mouse’s life.
In conclusion, funny short stories can be a great way to entertain and brighten someone’s day. They rely on humor, irony, and satire to make readers laugh, and can be written in a variety of genres. Whether you’re looking for a quick laugh during a break or want to add some levity to your literature collection, funny short stories are a great choice.